Our Wallpaper Services Provide the Following:
- Preparing the wall, which is the most important part of the process in hanging any wallpaper.
- Clean, dry and sound the wall surface thoroughly, then apply a good coat of size (wallpaper undercoat) so that the wallpaper is easy to position and sticks properly
- Remove any old paper. This is done for the best results – if not, the new wallpaper may not stick down properly, and the old pattern or texture might show through.
- Repair any imperfections in the wall or plaster, sand it smooth and remove dust. Skim plastering may be required in very unsound surfaces to minimize imperfections.
- Oil-based pigmented sealer might be applied if a light-coloured paste-the-wall paper has been selected to stop the plasterboard finish or colour possibly showing through.
- Apply the wall surface with a liberal undercoat prior to hanging the wallpaper.
The key to a successful paint job is preparation. The better preparation of the surface, the more professional the finished job will look.